The thickness measurement & internal flaws of a material can be examined by using Ultrasonic Testing. It first transmits sound waves at a high frequency into a material. The sound introduced into the test object then returns to a receiver when it reflects off an internal imperfection or from the backwall surface. The imperfection or thickness is determined by the echo that is returned.
- All type of materials can be inspected.
- Inspection item can be examined from one side access itself
- Length & Depth of the defect can be conditionally sized.
Magnetic Particle Inspection is used to examine surface and near surface defects. Magnetic particle inspection uses magnetic field and small ferrous particles (iron filings) to detect flaws in test object. By inducing a magnetic field in a Ferro-magnetic material and then dusting the surface with iron fillings, any surface/near surface flaws will be visibly shown by a accumulation of iron filings.
- Only ferromagnetic materials can be inspected.
- Detects Surface & Near Surface defects
Liquid penetrant testing is used to check for surface defects of a component .Test object are coated with dye, then the excess dye is removed after penetration time and a developer is applied onto it. The developer act as a blotter. Any imperfections/cracks is seen visibly by the “Bleedout”
- All types of Non Porous materials can be inspected.
- Detects open surface defects.